The Community Impact Fund (TCIF), a national charitable, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organization, is dedicated to making a measurable difference in the Muslim-American and larger communities by supporting organizations and programs in the U.S., including in underserved areas, through grants and other resources. We aim to leverage (and, in the process, strengthen and expand) Muslim-American philanthropy to combine capital, social impact, and rigorous measurement to help advance organizations and programs, while freely sharing best practices, working models, and lessons learned.
TCIF is making its first hire and seeking a dynamic, experienced, non-profit Program Manager to design, develop and execute its programs. This will be an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded person to lay the groundwork for all of TCIF’s future programming. The incoming PM will be expected to quickly come up to speed on the board’s vision and mandates, and begin developing program(s) to implement/execute on those mandates.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Program Manager (PM) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for TCIF’s programs. She or he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans. The PM must have a passion for serving the U.S. Muslim community and be a champion for TCIF’s mission and vision. The PM will embody TCIF’s mission, vision, and values and convey them in all levels of organizational decision-making and in interactions within and outside of TCIF.
- Proactively recommend and develop special programs or projects to actualize organizational and board mandates, and manage these from inception to completion, including budget development, developing RFIs or RFPs, monitoring, evaluation, stakeholder engagement, compliance, and reporting.
- Plan, convene, facilitate, and lead meetings comprised of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, communications, and systems.
- Research and assess options and actions based on landscape, trends, and conditions in the environment and the vision and values of the organization.
- Ensure effective project management systems to track and report program progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Identify creative strategic partnership opportunities in the non- and for-profit world, and initiate interactions and manage such relationships.
- Support annual report development.
- Support program-related communications including website articles, blog posts, and press releases.
- Design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion.
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
The PM will be thoroughly committed to TCIF’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and program management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- A degree in management or related field and/or at least five years of experience in non-profit program management, or similar relevant experience
- Demonstrated skills in initiating and managing partnership relationships
- Demonstrated ability in working in multicultural, inclusive settings and with marginalized populations, as well as a demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated impeccable writing ability via board memoranda, RFIs and/or RFPs, program or project assessments, or annual reports
- High computer proficiency, including document processing, excel, and powerpoint, as well as social media proficiency
- Track record of effectively developing and leading programs or projects on a regional- and/or national-level
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Demonstrated commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholder relationships, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Demonstrable experience in planning and conducting effective meetings, including post-meeting follow-ups, for 5 to 50+ attendee sizes, and 30-minute to day-long or multi-day meeting durations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Preferred: Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or substantial program or project management experience
- Preferred: Experience in developing and/or managing fiscal sponsorship program
- Preferred: Experience using project management tools
- Preferred: Experience using CRM tools
$40-$50 per hour, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications; part-time, approximately 12-20 hours per month.
This position will require remote/virtual work at an agreed upon schedule. Must have reliable, high-speed internet connection.
Please click here to apply on the idealist website.